First Name: John
Last Name: Banks
Certifications: CMEA, SBA
Address 1: 700 Woodlawn Road W
Zip Code: N1K 1G4
Phone 1: 519-515-0001
Phone 2: 519-830-6513
- Over 30 years’ experience in automotive & machine manufacturing in industrial environments.
- Experienced in the design, manufacture, processing, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Licensed Industrial Millwright (Provincial and Inter-provincial).
- Qualified (and applying) to write for Industrial Electrician (Provincial and Inter-provincial Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certification, 442A).
January 2010 to present A Linamar Company, Guelph, Ontario
The Centre Plant & Global Maintenance Manager
- Develop reliability centered maintenance strategies over 33 facilities, globally.
- Standardize asset life cycle management of like equipment
- Monitor environmental compliance & ensure business goals & objectives are in focus
- Actively participate in & oversee program / line launches
- Participate in budget creations then adhere to budgetary guidelines for program launches
- Monitor adherence to corporate Health & Safety guidelines. Recommend strategies to improve.
- Develop standard PM/PDM practices & implement throughout
- Assist Maintenance departments to implement the above strategies
- Ensure buildings & facilities are maintained to H&S, & Environmental requirements
- Oversee RFQ process & contractual negotiations
- Hire in contractors as required, while ensuring all legal requirements are met
- Lead & schedule a highly dynamic global service team throughout Linamar to serve as crisis management
- Manage the Machine Build Group, Corporate Electricians & a machine components warehouse
- Participate in monthly POC update meetings & provide presentations on the progress of projects
- Lead and manage an advanced manufacturing company and its assets in the manufacture of precision manufacturing lines and or metal cutting and assembly machines for the automotive, aerospace, power generation, and tooling industries.
- Continually mentor, energize and empower the work force through leadership by example.
- Develop and review disciplines, practices and procedures to ensure safety, quality and productivity standards.
- Guide the new development of product lines, launch of official quality & production certifications (ISO 9000: 2001, TS16949 & TS14000) and production refinement.
- Identify and implement initiatives for continuous quality improvement in safety efficiencies, product development, process and profitability.
- Participate with the POC (Plant Operating Committee) and the management team to identify and implement inter-departmental and company initiatives for improving organizational effectiveness and profitability.
- Support and guide front line supervision to ensure high productivity, morale, safety and environmental compliance were continually met.
- Establish and analyze productivity measurables to aid individual and departmental budgetary objectives while being responsible for the overall management and operations of a cross functional facility including Engineering, Design and Service departments.
- Supervised and mentored Production and Maintenance personnel in six productive areas in the Aluminium Block, Cylinder Head, Transmission case, and Side Cover machining Lines.
- Responsible for the daily performance by focusing on throughput, first time quality, safety, people, and cost. Led and encouraged continuous improvement initiatives.
- Conducted daily, weekly and monthly audits for compliance of quality and safety procedures and policies. Supported and implemented Lean Manufacturing initiatives. Constantly met and exceeded various business plan objectives as defined by Business team.
- Initiate and launch new and innovative ideas and concepts (TPM) to better the teams’ performance while becoming leaner by eliminated waste and reducing non-value added tasks and procedures. Proactive involvement to ensure proper inventory levels were met on repair components.
- Responsible for the production and assembly departments of a high volume automotive parts manufacturer. Lead plant initiatives by actively engaging the workforce.
- Use Six Sigma (as directed by Black Belt leader) to lead improvements and support daily floor performance objectives.
- Develop and coach supervisors and support staff by promoting open communication, teamwork and trust while demonstrating core values of continuous improvement and customer enthusiasm.
- Displayed the ability to provide insight into improving production and quality while efficiently utilizing equipment and human resources. Ensure compliance and maintenance of operating procedures (QS9001) and environmental cleanliness ISO14001), as well as all Ministry health and safety standards.
- Demonstrated organizational strengths for the coaching and development of over one hundred & fifty employees through seven supervisors.
- Responsible for scheduling, and the implementation of work plans to improve the proficiency of operator and machine operation.
January 2005 to 2010 A Linamar Company, Guelph, Ontario
Spinic, Transgear, Linequip - Plant Manager
March 1995 to January 2005 A Linamar Company, Guelph, Ontario
Comtech, Vehcom, Keystone, Eston, LPP, Diversa Cast, Invar - Maintenance Manager
September 2002 to December 2003 A Linamar Company, Guelph, Ontario
Comtech Mfg. - General Supervisor
Education and Training:
2009 – On-going
ConestogaCollege to earn Certificate of Qualifications, Industrial Electrician 442
2002 – 2006
Conestoga College “Certification In Management” designation
1987 - 1991
Ministry Skills & Development, earned Industrial Mechanic Millwright
1987 - 2010
Maintaining Management / Supervisory training
- First Aid
- MLCP (Manufacturing Leadership Certificate Program) Training and train the trainer
- Certified Health & Safety Management Rep
- Fork Lift License
- Various Rigging Equipment Licenses
- Train the Trainer courses (ConestogaCollege)