I am a principal in American Business Appraisers, a firm specializing in business valuation and machinery & equipment appraisal services. Since 1994, I have performed valuation services for family-owned and closely-held businesses, professional practices, limited liability companies, corporations and partnerships. I have served as an expert witness in litigation matters, spoke at various local and national venues and had numerous articles published regarding business valuation issues.
As an appraiser, I bring a unique skill level in analyzing business issues for developing an opinion of value for a business or business assets. I am qualified by virtue of extensive training, practical skills and a broad variety of business experiences.
Before forming American Business Appraisers, I founded and successfully operated a manufacturing business with operations in two states, along with being a limited partner in several business ventures (i.e., car wash, financial institution, retail).
The American Society of Appraisers prestigious Accredited Senior Appraiser “ASA” in business valuation is awarded to individuals who have a minimum of 10,000 hours of business valuation experience and passed specific testing requirements.
The Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA) awards the prestigious designation of Master Certified Business Appraiser “MCBA” to those candidates who have completed vigorous educational and testing requirements, followed by a highly critical peer review of their demonstration report process.
The International Society of Business Appraisers awards the Business Certified Appraiser "BCA" credential for business valuation expertise.
The NEBB Institute awards the Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraiser “CMEA”designation after completing a two-day course and successfully passing a written test, along with a peer reviewed demonstration report.
Accredited in Business Appraisal Review “ABAR” is awarded by the Institute of Business Appraisers to individuals who review business valuation reports for litigation and IRS scrutiny. ABAR is a unique credential designed to provide a level of quality assurance to stakeholders in the business appraisal process. ABAR holders have participated in education which teaches an innovative paradigm for appraisal review and quality assurance, hold a recognized business valuation credential, and demonstrated their proficiency both through examination and a demonstration report subject to peer review.
I have authored and/or co-authored the following courses relating to business valuation:
· The Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA), three-day “Comprehensive CBA Workshop”, August 2011.
· NACVA’s one-hour Webinar “Fundamentals of Understanding Financial Information”, July 2011.
· IBA Bridge Business Valuation (3) one-hour Webinars co-developer, August 2010.
· IBA 8004 Five-Day Course “Comprehensive Certified Business Appraiser Workshop”, Course Co-Author, June 2010.
· IBA 8003 Five-Day Course “Introduction to Basic Business Valuation”, Course Co-Author, January 2010.
· NEBB/ISBA Institute (3-day course) Business Valuation 300 Series, Course Author, February 2009.
I am an instructor for the American Society of Appraisers, International Society of Business Appraisers, Institute of Business Appraisers, Consultant’s Training Institute/National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst (NACVA), and the Arizona Business Brokers Association.
A comprehensive list of courses and dates are available upon request.
Organizations /Boards/Committee Service
· American Society of Appraisers (National 2012 ASA BV Conference Chair)
· American Society of Appraisers (Education Committee)
· Institute of Business Appraisers (Board of Governors Member since 2011)
· National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (2012 Conference Co-Chair BV)
· Institute of Business Appraisers (QRC -AIBA Qualification Chairperson 2003-2011)
· Institute of Business Appraisers (QRC – CBA Reviewer 2011)
· Institute of Business Appraisers (Education Board – Chairperson 2009-2011)
· American Business Appraisers National Network (Managing Partner 2008-2010)
· NEBB Institute
· Institute of Certified Business Counselors (President 2005-2006)
· Optimist Club (President 1992)
· Arizona Business Brokers Association
· Estrella Rotary Club
· Peacock Toastmaster (President 1998)
· Central Arizona Estate Planning Council
· Valley Estate Planners
Speaking Engagements, Awards/Recognitions, Publications,and Valuation Services
Extensive and comprehensive listing available upon request.